OFA = OFA
The Organic Federation of Australia
holds an annual
Organic Fortnight Australia
A CELEBRATION OF ORGANIC FOOD AND FARMING
Friday March 25 - Sunday April 10, 2011
Awareness - raising events and promotions across the country.
Participation of Community Groups
- hold a film screening about some important issue
but check that the tea coffees snacks are all certified organic
- organise talks about food quality or climate change and soil
- talk to your local Landcare groups etc and display some organic products and produce
Participation of Chefs - Cooks - Restaurants and Pubs
- create an organic menu
- many of you use organic produce already, so for the fortnight: create some special dishes and write on the menu
- why not introduce an organic guest ale, wine or spirit - and get your regulars to vote as to whether it should stay at the end of the fortnight?
- create a special OFA=OFA cocktail with organic spirits and seasonal fruit
- organise a pub quiz with organic prizes
Participation of Growers
- put up an OFA=OFA notice
- if you haven't already, go to a local market during the fortnight, meet consumers and talk to them
- work with the local school, offer them some fresh produce for their school canteen dinner
- get yourself invited to an organic store to talk to consumers about what you do
Download the Organic Fortnight Australia Trader's Event Kit for information to assist you to organise and promote your event.