The Organic Federation of Australia
holds an annual
Organic Fortnight Australia
A CELEBRATION OF ORGANIC FOOD AND FARMING
Friday March 25 - Sunday April 10, 2011
Awareness - raising events and promotions across the country.
Participation of Traders
- Sponsor or create your own OFA=OFA event or activity, something that will bring consumers to your business
- Don't forget to let us know what you're planning so that we can publicise it on our website and direct local journalists your way when they contact us - enter your event in our Events Calendar
- But first, plan your activity for a successful Organic Fortnight Australia event, and add your event to our Events Calendar
- Hold an event and create your own publicity
- Provide some background information such as details about the OFAs Fortnight for example: 'The OFA Organic Fortnight Australia runs in March-April 2011. You can learn more about what is on during the OFA=OFA event by reviewing our Events Calendar.'
- Provide a contact name, telephone number and email at the bottom of the release
- Ring the publication(s) you are sending your press release to and get the name of the appropriate editor/journalist e.g. news, food, woman's interest. The contact address and telephone number of your local paper will be inside the front cover or on the letters page. Telephone your contact a few days after sending details to see whether they can use the story or if they want further information
- Run special promotions and in-store tastings
- Advertise your products, but during March-April remember that you TRUST Organic
- Invite an organic grower to your store to talk to buyers
- Host a dinner or special tasting during the fortnight
- Sponsor a project in your local school, hold a dinner that includes your products
- Send us a photo we can put up on the website of your shop window promoting how you can TRUST Organic
- After the event, take time to evaluate it. What worked, and what didn't? Take the opportunity to learn more from the experience so that your future events can be even more successful - and please let us know how you got on, we'd love to hear from you.
- Join OFA and receive a free copy of the OFA magazine for the latest in industry news
Download the Organic Fortnight Australia Trader's Event Kit for information to assist you to organise and promote your event.
A Fortnight of celebration of the goodness of all that is Organic