The Organic Federation of Australia
holds an annual
Organic Fortnight Australia
A CELEBRATION OF ORGANIC FOOD AND FARMING
Friday March 25 - Sunday April 10, 2011
Awareness - raising events and promotions across the country.
Below are some ideas for events and activities during the OFA=OFA campaign to launch a new range of products or run one-off promotions.
- Many people say they would like to buy seasonally, but do not know what they should be buying and when - why not provide seasonal recipes in-store next to seasonal produce?
- If you're based on a busy high street, offer samples to passers-by to tempt them in to your store.
- Organise an open day to show how your products are made, including demonstrations and samplings.
- If you sell organic beauty products, why not offer in-store treatments such as a simple hand or foot massage or contact local offices and offer at-desk treatments like a foot massage or hand massage?
- Ask a local farmer or nutritionist to visit your store to do a talk on the benefits of organic food and drink.
- Contact those that supply you and encourage them to fund or share the costs of an in-store tasting session. Contact your retail outlets and persuade them to organise a special 'gondola end' promotional feature. Teaming up with other organic brands can make this sort of activity more affordable.
- If you produce literature about your operation, make use of retail and wholesale outlets for leaflet distribution.
- Take a stand at a local fete or fair - or if there's not one happening in your area then get together with other businesses and organise one.
- If you run home delivery you could offer a discount for customers who recruit one of their friends to be a new customer.
- If you sell online, run an online competition to win an organic hamper of organic products.
- Run an event for your staff - how about a barbecue, quiz, organic dinner party or take them all out to an organic bar?
- Organise an organic farm visit for your staff during the OFAs Organic Fortnight Australia, to educate them about how organic food is produced and to enthuse them about the products you are selling.
- Ask your local school to introduce an organic lunch - or why not supply a school in your area with organic produce to create a picnic.
- Link with a local charity, school or other organisation and dish up a fundraising meal using your product range.
- See what's already taking place this year by checking out the ever-increasing list on our website: enter your event at the same web address so that we can promote it.